Thursday, July 6, 2017

Tomoko's Diary.........July (1)

                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                   
                                                                Hello,Friends!
                                                                                                

                                                                                                5 in 5
                                                                                         Willy-Nilly-Friday
                                                                                          Mosaic-Monday

                                                                                                 (1)
                                                                             It has been busy last week.
           I took a trip to Tokyo to visit my mother, who has been living in a nursing home since May 2017.
           She survived from bad flue last February, it was magical for her age 95, but the damage from flue result was terrible.
          I appreciate the nursing home’s great help. She is now calm and relax without worries in there. I softly hold her hands, 
           whispering in her ears,  it is me…Mother,Tomoko. She understood who I am, and calmly said (my lovely) daughters….
          Tomoko…Jyunko( her younger daughter).....with a faint smile on her face.  




(2)
        When I was a high school student I used to go to school in Shibuya town. I have lot’s of memories from that city, 
            which is colorful and the city for youth culture in Tokyo.I decided to stop at Shibuya station and enjoy my last day in Tokyo.

                                                                              Look at this Shibuya crossing.
                                                    It is one of the best attractions in Tokyo and one of the world's busiest pedestrian crossings.








                                   When the lights turn red at the junctions they all turn red at the same time in every direction. 
                                                                                      


                                                                                 
                                                                            

                                        Traffic stops completely and pedestrians surge into the intersection from all sides.
                          Up to 2500 people try to cross the intersection at a time. It’s orderly and there is no pushing and everyone is polite.



                                                                                I joined these pedestrians , playing with my camera!



                                                                               
                                                                                                                            (3)
                                                                   Come on! everyone, Hurry, move! 












                                                                                                       walk and run!  
                                                                                           




                                                                                                   
                                                                                                         (4)                
                                         This is a train monument used from 1947 to 1977, and now still alive as a travel bureau.

                                                               




                                                                                                                        (5)
                                                I went back to Kyoto station by Shjnkansen at night after leaving Shibuya.
                                                            My home in ancient beautiful town, Nara, is soon!



                                                         久しぶりに渋谷に出かけました。
                   
                                                                                                    Thank you for visit.

                                                                                         Until next time.

                                                                                              Tomoko



39 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Tomoko! I wish many more good days for your mother, and many more visits to her for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy your Mom is settled into the home and doing well.

    The cross walk photos are amazing. Jay walking is not done there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tomoko, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. My daughter-in-law is Japanese and I have two half English/half Japanese granddaughters, they are beautiful. I love your blog, your photographs are outstanding, I wish you had a "follow" button, I would love to see your blog daily, I'll save the link in my bookmark folder. Big hugs to your mum, I am off to see mine today, 93 and still living in her own home, and good luck with your learning of the English language, you seem to be pretty good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look! All these people and all these individual destinies! Blessings and friendship may always flow from Europe to Japan and from Japan to Europe! You get a lot of energy and blessings from your loving mother, loving daughters full of honour and respect for your old mother. Best greetings from Dori from the Bavarian Forest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post Tomoko! I wish many healthy time for your mother, all the best and many more visits to here for you.
    Happy day Crissi

    ReplyDelete
  6. 渋谷のスクランブル交差点は外国観光客に人気のスポットらしいですね。こんな雑踏の中で被写体ブラして遊んでたのね。よ~く見ると歩いている若者たちはお洒落なスニーカーをはいてますね。神戸元町の大丸周辺にもスクランブル交差点があり皆思い思いの方向に進みますがこんな混雑はないです。お母さま弱られても微かだとしても微笑みが絶えないように願わずにはいられません。私も母のことを思いだしました。

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, People and people!
    My favorites are 4th and 5th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos of the city Tomoko. I am happy you can visit your mother. You bring her great joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear Tomoko!
    Your photos and posts are perfect.
    I am delighted.
    I wish you a blessed day and a joyous weekend.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Tomoko! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog and taking part in my monthly photo challenge, 5in5. Your photos are wonderful and I was really interested to learn about the busy crossing and how orderly and polite people are in their journeys. I was also impressed by the design of the train you caught home. That is very advanced and streamline! Wishing your mother peaceful days in the nursing home. That's a grand age and it is good she is well cared for. I hope you will join in again and I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am supposed to go to Tokyo next month but I cancelled coz I thnk my would-be visit will just be a too short one.
    But soon, I will go and explore the Honshu area. For now, I enjoy discovering new things and people here in Miyazaki City.

    Japan is beautiful along with its friendly people :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh number 1 tugged at my heart...what a sweet soul you are! my goodness that is a lot of people at the intersection and i am so impressed with how orderly it is when the light changes and then for all these people to be so polite! how wonderful! i am so glad you had a nice visit with your mom tomoko! thank you for linking up this week and i wish you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...oh my, all those people would be too many for this country boy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to read that your mother is a good place. WoW! Shibuya crossing is wild! I enjoyed visiting Tokyo with you. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - amazing photos. The crossing is wild, but seems to be efficient. Your trains are so interesting - we don't have that type of transportation in many places in the U.S. Great pictures of the people crossing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tomoko
    Lovely interesting views as usual. I love your blog, it gives me a peek into the great world around me.
    LeeAnna in Maryland, USA

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sending greetings to your mother, and I am very happy that she is being cared for in the retirement home, and that you are able to visit her. What a beautiful lady she is!
    The idea of 2500 people crossing the Shibuya intersection at the same time in all directions with no pushing or shoving is staggering! The rest of the world can learn from the way things are done in Japan! I love the photos of people moving through the intersection. And the train is so streamlined and elegant. Oh.... one day, I must see Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha Tomoko,
    prachtig foto,s van de rozen en margriet en de mus.
    Zo fijn dat je moeder weet wie je bent, en dat je haar kunt bezoeken.
    zo lief haar woorden voor haar dochters.
    Wat is het druk in de stad,dat is niet zon fijn.
    Wens je een mooi weekend!
    lieve groet
    Christiene.

    Ha Tomoko,
    Beautiful photo, s of roses and daisies and the mus.
    So nice that your mother knows who you are and that you can visit her.
    So love her words for her daughters.
    What is busy in the city, that is not sunny.
    Wish you have a nice weekend!
    with kind regards
    Christiene.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello, and such heartwarming thoughts regarding your mom. Lovely photos and descriptions to go along with them which were a delight to read. Warm greetings to you and greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing about the precious time with your mother. It's a comfort to know that she's well cared for, is happy in herself and she knows you when you visit with words for her daughters. I remember a student from Japan when we had conversation sessions telling me about the famous crossing. You captured the atmosphere well in your photos. It was interesting to see the old train monument still used in a different way and the new train. I like the busy city scene with everyone walking in an orderly way. Have a lovely time in Nara and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello,
    After some very busy weeks I'm here again :)
    I know this crossing from the internet but I'm still amazed if I see new photos about it.
    Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Tomoko!I am glad your mother's health is better!Very interesting post,I admire your country,we have a lot to learn with you...Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Świetne zdiecja.Dużo zdrowia dla mamy.Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Tomoko. Your mother will have enjoyed having you visit her very much. I'm glad she is in a place that is taking good care of her.
    The crosswalk is an amazing sight. Japan seems like a very orderly country where most people respect others. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh My Tomoko Toyko is amazing, I can't imagine being in a crowd that large! In my village there are 94 people! How comforting it must be for you to know that your sweet mother is being cared for so well.
    Thanking you for being a part of Mosaic Monday this week, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Tomoko! Woow the crosswalk it's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  27. こんばんは。Tomoko 様の愛情が伝わって良かったですね。心にジンと来ました。渋谷のスクランブル交差点、写真を撮っている人多いですね。Tomoko 様もそのうちの一人だったのですね。新旧の電車、比較が見事です。

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tomoko, I`m glad you had a good visit with your Mother. That is very interesting photos of the cross walks. I understand we have one of these where I live. Brand new for our area! Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow - that is a lot of people crossing the street at one time! I like the way you gave a sense of motion with the crossers. It is hard to watch our parents diminish. Mine are long gone but the memory of my mother, in particular, fading slowly has stayed with me. I'm sure your mother appreciated your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dearest Tomoko,
    So glad that your dear Mother is safe in a nursing home and being cared for and loved by her two daughters!
    Sounds like she is close to my Dad's age, he is 96 and my Mom lived till almost 91...
    It means so much to be able to hold a Mother's hand and whispering in her ear. I never could do that while she was very ill towards the end. FaceTime was all I had.
    That pedestrian crossing en mass is incredible! People will have to move FAST as the time is so limited.
    It also shows the meaning of life. So many people, all with a different destiny and all moving forward.
    Till one day we reach the finish of our earthly life.
    Thank you for sharing this touching post and let me give you a special tight hug!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello, Tomoko! I am glad you mother is in a safe place and well cared for. I am sure she appreciates your visits. The city does look busy and very crowded. That crosswalk is amazing, it is nice knowing there was no pushing and everyone is polite. Wonderful photos. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So nice that you went to visit your mother and that she is well cared for.

    That is a lot of people, I enjoy hearing that they cross politely. Makes me smile and warms my heart.
    I enjoyed seeing your sights and hearing of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful photos and very informative. I love to see how life unfolds in Japan. I need to let my friend Megumi know about your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You've shared such good photos and I even showed them to my husband. It's hard to think of so many people crossing at the same time but I'm sure this is much safer to have all traffic stopped. I love seeing your photos! I'm going to put you blog in my blog list on my sidebar to visit more often! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Tomoko,

    So lovely that you were able to be with your dear Mother and hold her hand and whisper in her ear. My dear Mother was 96 when she passed and still remember the lovely moments we shared together, like this.
    Your photos are wonderful and it is always good to get a little glimpse of life there in Japan.
    So many people crossing the road, amazing.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    Sending hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello Tomoko,
    Such warm thoughts about your mom; it is great that she is feeling fine and she is well cared; and it is great you have been there to see her and to talk to her. Also, how lovely aspects you have captured; so many people in so polite traffic to cross...
    Very informative post!
    A great day and weekend, too! Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a wonderful post! I loved seeing these photos and a glimpse into a world I'm unlikely to see. Best wishes to you and your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a lovely post Tomoko!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Borqna

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW that your Mom is 95 years old, so glad to hear she is recovering from flu. Your photos from the streets really show the busyness of everyone - so interesting to see life happening in other parts of the world - that's what is so great about blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave the comment. Tomoko